booking your program
- You provide us with dates and times that work for you.
- We'll check the availability of the Sciencetellers in your area.
- Once we decide on the perfect date and time together, we'll e-mail you an invoice.
- You review the invoice and reply that everything is correct.
- Your program is added to our calendar and the booking is reserved. Done! No deposit required.
leading up to your program
One week before, you'll receive an e-mail to reconfirm details and to provide the name and number of your Scienceteller. You can see a picture of your Scienceteller on our website: About.
day of your program
Your Scienceteller will arrive between 30-45 minutes before the scheduled start time. (60 minutes for schools.)
We can perform in auditoriums and kitchens! We are flexible and will tailor our setup to your specific venue and preferences. For schools and larger events, here is our ideal room setup:
- Performer on the same level as the audience (i.e. — not on a stage)
- Performance area of at least 10 feet wide by 10 feet deep
- Children seated on the floor; chairs for adults in the back or on the sides
- A center aisle running through the audience
- We will put blue painter's tape on the floor to mark the performance area and the aisle
Here is what we'll need from you:
- Two four- to six-foot tables
- A garbage can with a plastic liner
- An electrical outlet
- Access to hot — not boiling — tap water from a kitchen or utility sink
We'll be ready to go by the start time. We are always flexible, but if we have multiple shows that day, delaying the start time more than 10 minutes may not be possible.
after your program
Meeting the Audience
We love to meet our audience members! After the show, children and their families are encouraged to come up and say hello, ask questions and tell us their favorite part of the show.
After the program, pay in full by check, made payable to Sciencetellers. Please do not hand payment directly to the performer. Instead, mail the check directly to the office:
P.O. BOX 6741
Gratuity is never expected but is graciously accepted. Please feel free to tip your Scienceteller if he or she went above and beyond to achieve excellence!
You'll receive an e-mail survey shortly after we leave. Please take a moment to fill it out. We value your comments and feedback about the company, the program and the performer.