Originally produced in 2005, "Dragons & Dreams" was a fire-and-ice show. It was our flagship program and helped the company's momentous growth as we expanded up and down the east coast.
The story and experiments underwent a major revision in 2016. Now, "Dragons!" is the coolest Sciencetellers show yet! We perform it year-round, and it is our go-to program for parties and pre-schools.
Intro Experiment: Foggy Flask
Experiment 1: Dry Ice Rocket
Experiment 2: Sciencetellers Shower
Experiment 3: Toilet Tornado
Experiment 4: Horn of Fire
Experiment 5: CO2 Cannon (ONLY with water, NOT marshmallows)
Experiment 6: Bucket of Fog
- Start by putting the leaf blower into the crate with the extension cord wrapped around the handle.
- Then put in the bucket.
- Next to the bucket put the rolls of blue tape and the box of CO2 cartridges.
Load the bucket with the following:
- Erlenmeyer flask
- Dawn dish soap
- Squeeze bottle of water
- Squeeze bottle of denatured alcohol (ethanol)
- Bag of safety glasses
- Bag of film canisters
- Now add the CO2 cannon, the graduated cylinder and the plastic cups to the bucket.
- Next, put the grill lighter (and spare) inside the rolls of blue tape to keep them dry and away from the flammable ethanol.
- Place the PVC shower base and PVC shower head on either side of the leaf blower, as shown.
- Lay the plunger on top, across the bucket.
- Place the folded table cloth on top of the equipment.
- Then add the power caddy and the gloves.
- Finally, put in the labcoat, gently folded.
Front row (left to right):
- Foggy Flask
- Dry Ice Rocket
- Toilet Tornado
Back row (left to right):
- Horn of Fire
- CO2 Cannon
- Bucket of Fog
- Place the performance table in the front of the room, center.
- Place the equipment table perpendicular, on the right (or left if you are left-handed).
- You can use a third table for the speaker/receiver as pictured; otherwise, just put the speaker/receiver on the equipment table.
- Place the garbage can with plastic liner against the back wall.
- Stow the empty crate neatly under a table. Don't leave out any personal belongings.
- Mark the performance area with blue tape, starting six feet in front of the table.
- Mark a center aisle, four feet wide, that runs through the audience.
- Most rooms will have chairs along the sides and/or in the back of the room for the adults.
You may need to adjust the room setup to meet the needs of the customer/venue.
When it's time to return your "Dragons" equipment, this is what we'll need back:
- Table Cloth
- Power Caddy
- Aluminum Scoop
- Safety Glasses (x7)
- 500ml Erlenmeyer Flask
- Film Canisters
- PVC Base Tube
- PVC Shower Head Attachment
- Plastic Cups
- 480ml Flip-Top Bottle (empty it first)
- Leaf Blower
- Extension Cord
- Confetti Cannon
- CO2 Cartridges
- Squeeze Bottle (empty it first)
Everything else you can keep, recycle or throw away.